The palm tree is as expected in Florida as humidity and mosquitos. Regardless of the property in question – whether it’s a residential area or an entire golf course or highway – Beltran’s Nursery and Landscape serves as the go-to retail and wholesale provider of palm trees for Port Charlotte, FL.
At our tree farm and nursery, the trees are nurtured, monitored, and cared for with expertise and diligence. You can be confident that your purchase will be free of any disease or pest infestation. Since we grow the plants and trees that we sell, you don’t have to research to establish that they will grow in this area: you know that they do!
Whether you buy one tree or 100 from Beltran’s Nursery and Landscape, you will receive the guidance to make sure that you know how to care for them once they are installed in their new homes.
While the palm trees you grow here will definitely tolerate the climate of Southwest Florida, you’ll need to make sure that the microclimate of your property provides the soil, sun, protection, and nutrition that your palm trees need to thrive.
The Benefits of Creating Shade
Plants and trees are absolutely essential to creating a Florida-worthy vibe for your landscape. Palm trees can create the aesthetic you’re seeking while also contributing shade. Designing a landscape using palm trees doesn’t require a great deal of foresight since they grow in height and breadth without changing the basic shape.
The larger the palm tree at the time of purchase, the more expensive it will be, but it will also be more likely to react well to transplantation. Stop in and browse the variety we grow at our tree farm on Pine Island to see for yourself how easy it is to have ready-made shade.
Customers of Beltran’s Nursery and Landscape will find several types of palm trees awaiting their purchase:
- Areca Palms – This palm tree thrives in tropical environments even with little rain. It is a moderately fast grower, and the canopy is wide and full. These two factors make it an excellent candidate for creating a screen from dust and prying eyes.
- Adonidia Palms – This palm tree is shorter, often displayed as part of a group, and displays red berries and white blossoms during the holidays, hence the moniker Christmas palm.
- Foxtail Palms – With a bushy canopy full of fronds reminiscent of the hind appendage of foxes, the foxtail palm provides plenty of interesting structure. The fronds fall off on their own, so pruning isn’t generally necessary.
- Silver Bismarckia Palms – The fronds of this palm tree are bluish silver and extend straight out from a central point, resembling a fan. Often referred to as a fan palm because of its appearance, this tree grows to gigantic heights, so planters must remember to locate them where plenty of room for future growth exists.
- Pygmy Date Palms – Another name for this tree is Phoenix Robelenii. This tree tops out at 10 feet tall, so it’s perfect to bring the tropical feel of palm trees into smaller yards, patio containers, or portions of the landscape that are limited and require enhancement.
If you’re planning to purchase palm trees in limited numbers or as bulk wholesale purchases in Port Charlotte, come to Beltran’s Nursery and Landscape. We offer plenty of top-notch varieties in quantities that allow for landscaping anything from your home to a full resort. Call 239-362-4327 to find out more about hands-free orders, delivery, and tree installation today!