The exterior of your property is as important as the interior to your satisfaction with your home’s design, especially in Southwest Florida. One of the benefits of living here is the enjoyment you get from your outdoor spaces. Beltran’s Nursery and Landscape can guide you through the complexities of matching greenery and architecture to appropriate garden furnishings for your Fort Myers property.
Careful buying is necessary when choosing new garden furniture. Benches, conversation sets, and outdoor dining furniture are not inexpensive, so longevity matters as much as appearance. Take care that your purchase doesn’t fade, break, or otherwise deteriorate mere months after you buy it.
Consider the Climate
The sun and heat of Southwest Florida make selecting outdoor furnishings particularly important. Weather will influence the materials that are suitable for use in the area.
- PVC furniture is durable for use outdoors. It won’t blow away on windy days or be damaged by other objects. This garden furniture will keep its color despite sun exposure too.
- Wicker furniture provides a natural aesthetic that will work well with all sorts of tropical greenery. Modern wicker furniture is made to deal with humid conditions, and it works with all sorts of style choices.
- Aluminum furniture that won’t rust is ideal for garden benches in South Florida. Choose cast aluminum to achieve long-term freedom from rust for an investment that withstands the test of time and weather.
Complement Your Garden with Your Choice of Garden Furnishings
Incorporating furniture into the garden area of your landscape can be difficult. Whatever you choose should fit within the area naturally without disrupting the beauty of the garden area. Other features you should consider for a sitting area within your landscape include:
- Swiveling furniture – enjoying the view should be a primary goal of your outdoor seating. Swiveling furniture makes it possible to appreciate the view from all 360 degrees.
- Shade – Shade is a must for garden seating. The source may be from natural features like tall palm or oak trees, or you can build a pergola or gazebo with a canopy.
- Durability – Garden furnishings should be durable. They’ll need to stand up to heat, humidity, rain, sun, salt, and wind. Fabrics should be easily cleaned and fade resistant.
- Comfort – Seating in your outdoor furniture needs to be comfortable. Cushions should be covered with mold and mildew resistant material.
- Add Some Indoor to the Outdoor – an outdoor rug, interesting lighting, and decorative accents can make your garden “room” seem pulled together and planned.
Choose Plants and Trees to Encourage Appreciation of Your Garden
The choice of plants and trees you make for your landscape matters. Who wants to sit in a boring garden area? Add interest with color, texture, and depth of appearance. This plan will make sure that the garden is inviting and worth commenting. The small talk will ensue effortlessly when the garden deserves a compliment. We offer a diverse choice of flowering plants, shade plants, and shrubs as well as citrus, palm, and shade tree varieties. The perfect garden can be effortless with the help of our landscape design services as well as the mulching, sodding, and products we can provide.
Beltran’s Nursery and Landscape is happy to help Fort Myers residents and landscapers choose the plants and trees needed to accompany the garden furnishings chosen for their outdoor areas.