When your visions of landscaping brilliance include new sod for grass, find the right source for your purchase with Beltran’s Nursery and Landscape. Ample varieties of sod, along with professional installation on offer, make the success of your new lawn much more likely. If you’re searching for the right place to buy sod in Punta Gorda, Florida, you’ve found it!
So Many Choices on Offer
Beltran’s Nursery and Landscape doesn’t limit your landscape to one type of grass. You can choose the best type for your aesthetic and practical purposes.
- Bahia Grass – offers a high tolerance for both heat and drought, making it ideal for the Southwest Florida climate
- St. Augustine Grass – provides a thick degree of comfortable coverage for bare feet luxury, but it does require medium to high maintenance
- Floratam Grass – a hybrid of St. Augustine, this grass thrives in the warm summers of Florida, providing lush coverage for lawns
- Bermuda Grass – a classic, tough grass, this specimen will handle the heat, the sun, and everyday living of an active family
- More – Our grasses thrive within the Southwest Florida climate!
The Problem with Homeowner Installation
While sod can be installed independently of professional assistance, outcomes are far better when professionals handle the job. Allow the experts at Beltran’s to provide this landscaping service. The choice to do so will result in the perfect lawn installed faster, better, and with more satisfaction.
By considering the steps involved with the installation of sod, you’ll be able to see clearly the need for professional laying out of your purchase.
- A soil sample conducted by professionals will provide a baseline of nutrition to build a healthy, nutrient filled ground for the growth of your new lawn.
- Measuring the grounds of your lawn will be the next step, and the results will be faster and far more accurate when performed by one accustomed to the process and best practices.
- Removal of the present lawn is next. It will require killing the living grass and then cutting it from the ground underneath the roots.
- After the existing lawn is gone, the next step is to prepare the site via grading, cleaning, aerating, applying topsoil, performing a final grade, and a pre-sod layer of water for a ready area ripe for application.
- The actual process of rolling out fresh sod is obvious, but it’s critical to complete the process quickly, before the sod has a chance to dry.
- For a week to a week and a half, watering should be regular and plenty. Traffic should steer clear of the sod during this period. You’ll be able to assure yourself that the sod has taken root by lifting a corner of the pieces, and after the acclimation period, the sod will need to be mowed for the first time. Instead of risking your investment, secure professional service to take care of your sod thoroughly.
When your lawn needs to be redone, finding the right source for your sod is as easy as stopping by Beltran’s Nursery and Landscape. Reach out by calling 239-362-4327 or stop in at our location in Punta Gorda, Florida for comprehensive guidance to choosing the right sod and the right provider of installation services to make your future lawn healthy, lush, and gorgeous.