Palm trees are as natural to Southwest Florida as sunshine and the smell of saltwater in the air. If you’re in the market to buy palm trees in the Port Charlotte area, Beltran’s Nursery and Landscape is the place to go!
Make a tropical mark on your landscape by coming to us for help with your selection, professional transport and installation, and plenty of support.
Beltran’s Nursery and Landscape provides many types of palm trees, all of them company grown and sold. Our tree farm on Pine Island is the ultimate source for healthy palm, citrus, and shade trees.
We provide all heights of trees, at every stage of maturity, from bound in pots to growing in the soil. Size is not an obstacle to sale. Our expert delivery and transplantation services allow you to buy mature trees for a ready-to-go landscape design.
Choosing the best palm trees for your landscape will require you to consider several factors:
- The type of soil that you have and which palm will grow well when planted on your property
- The full-grown breadth and height of the tree to determine whether it will work within the allocated space
- The amount of sunlight, direct or indirect, morning or afternoon, that the designated area receives
Additional factors that will influence your purchase include your budget and the amount of time that you’re willing to wait for the tree to reach the needed height.
Palm trees that we plant, nurture, and sell include:
- Areca Palms
- Common uses include privacy and weather screening
- Grows well in Zone 10; able to survive in zone 9b if planted near a body of water
- Moderate rate of growth
- Drought tolerant
- Adonidia Palms
- Otherwise known as the Christmas Palm
- Shorter than other palm varieties with a maximum height of 25 feet
- Sold as singles, doubles, and triples
- Remarkable tropical aesthetic
- Foxtail Palms
- Dense, full green canopy
- Famous for rust colored markings left behind when leaves fall
- Vulnerable to cold temperatures, so plant in Zone 10b-11
- Silver Bismarckia Palms
- Also known as a Fan Palm
- Distinct powder blue shading
- Maximum height of 30-50 feet
- Heavy water demands during first three months
- Once acclimated, little maintenance is required
- Needs ample room for future growth.
- Pygmy Date Palms
- Otherwise known as the Phoenix Roebelenii
- Smallish palm with max height of 10 feet
- Slow rate of growth
- Sold as single, double, or triple
- Hardy and able to handle low temperatures
After choosing the perfect palm for your Port Charlotte landscape, rely on Beltran’s Nursery and Landscape for transport and installation. We’ll help you choose the right plant, and we have the manpower and heavy equipment necessary to safely install your choice of tree. Buy palms from us to make your Southwest Florida landscape the picture of tropical perfection. Visit our nursery in Punta Gorda to view our various plants, or call us at 239-362-4327 to make special arrangements or ask questions.