When your decision to plant fruit trees comes from a desire for aesthetic enhancement and shade in addition to fruit, locating fast growing fruit trees should be the goal. Come to Beltran’s Nursery and Landscape to discuss the best trees for your landscape as well as care suggestions to maximize growth. You’ll have a shaded, fragrant yard in no time!
Southwest Florida provides prime climate and soil conditions for raising your own fruit trees. Here at Beltran’s Nursery and Landscape, we’re proud to provide locally grown citrus trees that will thrive within your home’s backyard orchard.
Questions regarding speed of growth are just the type of information we’re ready to provide about all of the species of trees that we sell. Making the most of your citrus tree purchase will require that you identify the perfect place for planting, evaluate and remediate your soil, provide safe and stress-free transport and planting, and follow up with regular watering, fertilizing, and pruning. A speedily growing tree will require diligent care and a bit of knowledge.
If speed of growth is a priority for your tree addition, then professional landscaping assistance is a must-have. We can provide all the technical diagnoses and remediations required to make sure that your tree has everything it needs to grow as quickly as possible. Call us to make an appointment. Landscaping design and tree services are just two of the services we provide here at Beltran’s Landscape and Design.
The most popular options we sell here at Beltran’s Nursery and Landscape grow extremely well in this area. They include oranges, tangelo, lemon, and cocktail varieties. Consider their qualities and requirements as you choose the right tree for your Southwest Florida landscape.
- Orange trees will reach heights of 25 feet, so you should consider the potential growth of the canopy and root system as time passes.
- Tangelo trees will require that you plant another citrus tree if you desire fruit production since they are self-pollinators.
- Lemon trees will grow quickly, but you must protect them from freezing weather.
- Cocktail trees produce all sorts of citrus including lemons, grapefruits, oranges, limes, and tangerines.
Citrus Tree Growing Tips:
- Plant spaced 15 feet from other buildings, trees, or other obstructions
- Ensure that soil drains well and includes appropriate nutrients
- Plant in an area with ample sun-exposure and wind protection
- Water regularly, making sure that roots never sit in water
- Add citrus-blend fertilizer regularly, carefully following manufacturer instructions
- Protect from pests and diseases
- Avoid picking citrus fruit before it ripens; doing so will stop the ripening process
While citrus trees come with the promise of fresh and delicious fruit, the time it takes to produce shade and a nice green enhancement to your landscape will depend on the quality of care it receives. For the best results, become an expert in tree growing, or hire the best!
You can lower your utility bills, enjoy a cool shade on a hot day, and relish the taste of homegrown citrus with fast growing fruit trees. Take advantage of living in an area that pairs well with citrus by visiting with us, browsing our stock, and making a purchase. Our team at Beltran’s Nursery and Landscape is ready to help you make the right choice and grow it well. Call 239-362-4327 for more information today!