Those who live in Florida should do more than enjoy the tropical beauty; they should also embrace the climate where they live by growing citrus fruit trees to enjoy homegrown fresh fruit, juice, dried fruit, and even preserves. To buy fruit trees in the Fort Myers area, come check out the company-grown trees we offer. Beltran’s Nursery and Landscape has offered carefully, expertly grown trees for the landscapes of Southwest Florida for well over 30 years.
As great as it would be to enjoy fresh fruit on a regular basis, planting fruit trees also provides aesthetic benefits for landscaping efforts. The bright, full greenery of the leaves, and the symmetrical canopy make for a remarkable feature. They work as a single planting or as part of a grouping in a larger yard or as screening for property borders. If you buy a larger tree, Beltran’s Nursery and Landscape even offers installation assistance with expert staff and capable machinery.
Being able to enjoy freshly grown fruit is beneficial to the health of your family. While the fruit itself will be healthy and delicious, having a real idea of how food is grown will inspire your family to steer clear of more processed foods in favor of healthier, fresh options.
Citrus Fruit Trees We Grow and Sell
Our efforts to provide the area with hardy, appropriate trees for the local environment inspire us to provide several citrus fruit options, including tangelo trees, orange trees, lemon trees, and citrus cocktail trees.
- A hybrid of tangerine and grapefruit varieties
- Suitable for planting Zone 9 and southward
- Can live through occasional low temps
- Requires well-draining soil
- Can be planted singly since they self-fertilize
- Need plenty of sunshine and well-draining soil
- Plant with a minimum of a 15-foot circumference around the tree below, at, and above ground to make space for future growth
- Plant facing the south to survive lower temps
- Provide ample sunshine
- Use mulch to maintain temperature, water, and nutrients
- Water thoroughly weekly
- Anticipate fruit production after a minimum of three years of growth
Citrus Cocktail Tree
- Produces a variety of citrus fruits including the following:
- Ideal for growing in a container for additional mobility and weather protection
- Appropriate drainage is essential
- Will require occasional application of citrus blend fertilizer
- A remarkable conversation starter and item of interest for your patio’s appearance
Growing your own citrus fruit trees begins with a plan. We provide consultation services with our landscaping experts to help you identify what kind of tree you need and where you should plant it. We’ll help you find the best possible specimen and even plant and mulch for you. Regardless of your planting need, look to Beltran’s Nursery and Landscape. We’re more than a seller of trees. We grow what we sell, and we’re passionate about adding native plants and trees to the local area.
Adding color, flavor, fragrance, and significance to your landscape is easier than you might think. Citrus fruit trees are great additions to any landscape in the area, and you can buy fruit trees in the Fort Myers area right here at Beltran’s Nursery and Landscape. Reach out by calling 239-362-4327 or stop by one of our locations to browse our stock of trees, receive guidance about growing requirements, or schedule a landscaping consultation for a foolproof experience.